Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"ten years from now, I am happy"

Ten years from now, I am happy.
Ten years from now, I am twent thirty-two, and married to a person I call "home." 
Not literally his nickname, unless...this becomes an inside joke. With "home" (uh-oh) we make a pair that needs no home other than (mostly) ourselves, living in places that were always recently "far-off lands," and reveling (and reeling) in all the mysteries and adventure (and difficulties) that come with that. Togetherly.
I will be working that dream job that I know exists out there (that I just don't know the title of yet), and 

-----------this is where I ran out of time-----------------



courage, 
contemplation, 
compassion, 
creativity

are just a few of the things I will be learning about this semester. Even though it's stressful and I'm apparently already procrastinate-blogging at the library like I do when I have too much to do, so all is normal. All is well. All is beautiful. Even the struggles. Especially the struggles. 

Another random, bleary-eyed-at-11pm question for contemplation:

"happiness or joy?"

Ten years from now, we will collectively be calmer and drink wine and live in France or wherever that "somewhere else" is (it can be that farmhouse in Virginia hum-buzzing with love), with a comfortable income and joy and/or happiness. 

And/or.

P.S. Do this. Mmmmm wilde wednesdayes mmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment