Thursday, January 16, 2014

semi-fiction

m: I'm overwhelmed by how overwhelmed I already am about this semester.

c: Yeah there's just never enough time. This is going to get better once we're living in the real world, right? like working and stuff?

m: Yeah probably, I mean hopefully. Like we'll probably have busy times for work but they'll be more predictable and less terrible, like you'll never wake up one day and realize oh my gosh I have fiiive papers in twooo days!  hahaha

c: Yeah, but then I guess there will be family and responsibilities... Like how're you supposed to even begin thinking about childcare, and taking care of a house; like how will you make the trade-off? Make money and have someone else take care of your kids, make money and hire someone who cleans your house, or stop making money and do it all yourself? So many choices we're gonna have to make. I mean time is money.

m: Yeah so true! Time is money. So many trade-offs, so many opportunity costs. Yeah who is gonna care for my children and my carpet. WOw.

c: Haha well then right now we have infinite time. Since we have no money.

m: Dang. Good thing we have infinite time. I have so much to do tonight...for all my classes tomorrow.


mo' money no time; no money mo' time

No comments:

Post a Comment