Sunday, February 23, 2014

falling innnnnnnnnnnnnothing: penpals4ever

wonder what I would've thought of you if we had gone to the same school, been in the same group of friends throughout our college years. [I predict: love, or hate. or both.] or neither.

wonder how different my now-perception of you is from that alternate-reality perception of you, in which I hang out with you over at Peter's place occasionally [hookah smoke-filled afternoons], and watch you go through finals seasons and note how you react to the tyranny of your [our??] friends' alcohol-fueled belligerence nights.

wonder if the two are really that different - penpal-to-Madison you and uh...student-at-VT-normal-guy you. maybe I'm just overdramatizing it. repetition tends to make that happen. oops

wonder if you're gross, too, like so many boys, or really not. or gross in some different way (heh), and if I'll just be disappointed because penpal perfections can't ever last outside their bubble of postage stamps and slow-connection communication. [I really wonder if that's true.]

wonder if I'm ever gonna get the answer to these wonderings; wonder if I even wanna know.


do people even write letters anymore???

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I wonder, I wonder. I think the two sides of guy are different

      Delete