Monday, February 3, 2014

ba-bump

God, thank you for letting me study these things. Thank you for being infinite and learnable at the same time. Thank you for the collision of connections, for religion in literature, for Judaism and the New Testament, for heretical love. You make all things good for those who love you.

God, blow up my brain and piece it all together with your hands, your glue, puzzle by puzzley bit; start your work of re-Creation and let everything be of you, make everything shine with your presence. Let me love the world as you love it, and let me pray same words with different convictions.

God, I want to hear your voice. Let me seek it fervently and without tiring, and guide my brain and my heart together; let those be just two pieces of a great, mysterious soul. Make me choke up with emotion, re-wire my brain synapse thingies; and in all of this, keep my soul aligned and directed toward you so that everything else is secondary, in their right place, without my own strain.

God, I love you. God, thank you for holding me. God, I want to love you more.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment