Thursday, December 26, 2013

whereami; whoami wah wah wahhh (a la kierkegaard)

Things I like about myself:

  1. I have this little knack for languages. I love tasting their various flavors and feeling their different textures on my tongue and repeat things over and over and overandoveroenen in the shower, in the car, in my head because I get addicted to them and in this way, I learn.
  2. I apologize for things like a spineless little puppy if I know that I am in the wrong. Okay sometimes it's more like an old, stubborn dog sighing an apology sorrrta reluctantly but in the end I do it. UGH.
  3. I strike up conversations with strangers because I think it's beautiful and fun and fleeting in a nice way. I think this is courageous. I'll never run away from a stranger with a witty conversation opener, but will usually neevvverrr know if it's a pick-up line until WAY after the fact. Oops.
  4. I like writing papers. mmmmm. Sometimes I get unexpectedly good grades on them, almost like magic. I'll typetypetypetytpe out a paper in the fi!nal! coundownnnn hours not really sure what I am typing, or, or, I'll write out allllllll these things not really sure where it's all going, but once the paper is finished and I turn it in, unable to read it over for wanting to hurl (from the speed, from the overdose of words), but then I'll get it back later and then even later I'll re-read it and think, "hey self...woah you ;) "
  5. I have nice eyebrows, and am very good at curling my eyelashes. 
  6. I can conceptualize most things easily, so I can have conversations about lots of different things I don't truly understand the details of and honestly follow along, convincingly nodding and mmhmm-ing. Re-explaining these things in my own words is another thing altogether, but still.
  7. Sometimes I am expressive in a cute way that lots of people don't know. Weirdly, this girl named Sareum, who really doesn't know me that well, gets it. If she ever reads this, though, she might be confused.
  8. I quit facebook like an alcoholic who just went cold-turkey and haven't ever really wanted to go back. Not that this is something to be paaaaaaarticularly proud of, but it makes me pursue deeper relationships through email and skype, and I like this.
  9. I am a weak, weak, weaklingy small girl in a big big world, and for this I am grateful, for
"he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Cor 12:9

an incomplete and unedited list in no particular order except the one it came in, pop pop pop to my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment