Monday, March 3, 2014

things I am learning as of late:

bullet point style --

  • I am small.
  • God is BIG! 
  • I think I've been fooling myself into thinking that I was okay with both of the things above, that I don't really care about this state of reality. But actually, I care a lot. I want to make much of myself. Not in a let's-become-Taylor-Swift way (okay or even like a let's become Ingrid Michaelson way, cause let's be real I am so far from wanting to be TSwift), but like I want to be recognized for humanly things. Encompassing career, academic prestige, the acknowledgment of the peoplez for whatever character/personality trait, etc. Even recognition for the fact that I hold values that are poetic, such as the fact that "I am small in God's big world," ugh you tricky little soul.
  • Somehow, God individually and particularly loves ME. Little, insignificant-and-not-okay-with-this me.
  • This renders me significant. [oh, right. identity in Christ? oh.]
  • The best lessons are always always always easier said than lived.
two sidewalks diverged in a parking lot
and I,

and I,
and I,

No comments:

Post a Comment