Saturday, January 22, 2011

the news

JJ, you so right.

Watching the (Korean) news with mom and dad at dinner and found myself constantly in panic. Dying livestock, dying regular stocks, monster-sized icicles, mini icebergs floating down the 한강...sigh. There was one good thing after 298234 bad things - apparently the report (made 12 years ago) about the flu vaccine causing autism was made up. And in a way, for somebody out there that piece of news is a horrible one too, I  mean for that scientist person who did the initial study, wrote the report, blahblah.

Makes me feel so helpless. And makes me think of how every banal moment of my life must be, for someone else in the world, is the worst, most frightening, life-changing, wonderful, etc. moment. Every moment, around the whole world, is something special and ultra significant. How little I am, and how big the world is. And how much bigger the God behind the happenings and healings of every moment everywhere! wuhhhhhhhhhh so global.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh so true. i get overwhelmed when i think about what could be potentially happening on the other side of the globe, country, state, county, neighborhood, or my dorm. but that is overwhelming for its own reason.

    ReplyDelete