Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Loudest Voice

If nothing else, I would not have survived Comm School

for the quietness of my voice.

Find myself in group meetings with naturally loud-voiced, well-dressed pre-success people, squeaking in indignation at myself for being out-louded by things said in charismatic voices proclaiming no content,

Disillusioned by the injustice of a world run by people in suits giving out gold star stickers on the basis of how many times you open your mouth, not the true helpfulness of the substance you preach.

Probably never get any work done because I'd be spending so much time analyzing body language, the inane but flashy bright lights of all those powerpoint presentations, nursing a ripely festering inferiority complex.

Missing all the group chats; NO IMESSAGE AHHH.



Or maybe my voice would have gotten a little louder.

And then I would've been left with one less outward signal from my body that tells me I am passionate about this subject!! whenever my voice naturally gets loud loud LOUDER as I find myself discussing the [dis]merits of curvy fonts for curry places and other important things in life that might actually turn out to be Important Things of Life.

[non-segue]

NFTFH: I think the curvy fonts for curry places is actually going to be a thing. Like a little test, just a little one. Level 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment