Wednesday, April 23, 2014

[brrring ringaling]

c: hello?

m: hey...! are you free? for about thirty seconds?

c: sure, I'm okay, what's up

m: well, well mmm. well, it's just that I just got out of my First Last Class of the semester and I'm feeling crazy about it.

c: your first laaa? first whaaat?? first laaab class?

m: no! no! my FIRST! LAST! CLASS. IT IS THE END. IT IS OVER. you know, cause it's Wednesday! it's the last Wednesday, and I just had my last class of Wednesday!

c: ohhhhh! wow congratulations! hahaha yeahhh nearing the end!

m: yyyyyyyyeah it's completely insane, right?! it's hitting me now, it's real, it's really the end, class ended and I was just standing there in the classroom and couldn't really move, like I just couldn't leave the class cause once I did it would officially be real and

c: wait wait where are you right now, are you still sitting in class?!

m: noooo! I leffftt!! and it was my Pavilion Seminar class, on the Lawn you know?! and as I was walking out it was like gooodbyyye, class! goodbye, Pavilion seven! goodbye LAWN, goodbye UVA, goodbye MY UNDERGRADUATE CAREER EVERYTHING IS ENDING!! IT IS REALLL AND TANGIBLEE AND IT IS FREAKING ME OUUUUTTT

c: hahaha it's good! good job and congratulations! hahaha

m: I just thought I'd call you cause you're my non-romantic significant other and all and this is what people do, right? they call their significant others when their heads are pounding with unbelievable reality and emotions are coming up the esophagus in excitement and insanity?!

--phone blips out--

m: helloo??!? helllo okay I think maybe my phone is freaking out and I can't hear you anymore but thank you for listeningggg! I really appreciate it!! okay goodbye now goodbye!!

--hang up; indistinct voices in background call out Sunnn? Sunnn! Sun!! SUNNN--

m: [turn around] hello?! I was wondering if those voices calling out for Sun were wanting for me to turn around!

herd of gcf kiddos: haha you guys have similar backpacks!!

m: haha yeah! where are you guys coming from?! why do you guys travel in herds? how is this the last Wednesday?! I just got out of my First Last Class!!! and man, the end is near and it's real and I am freaking ouutttttt because it is the end of ALL THINGSSSS!!!!!
[I join the herd and we travel in a slightly larger herd, me continuously asking why they are in a herd and where they are herdily headed to; we run into another, smaller, herd of gcf first years, all coming out of their Last Chem Lab of the year, on their way to celebrate with ice cream [adorable] and we all say hello hello hey aw congratulations ah! hahha ah! the end the beginning ahhh goodbye!]
--Calling: C--

m: hello??? hahaha sorry! my phone must have freaked out

c: no it's okay! 

m: well I just wanna say thank you! thank youu for being my non-romantic significant other! thank you for being the person I call when I am having a crisis-joy-fear freakout! thank youuu for these past four years! thank you, UVA! THANK YOU WORLD, THANK YOU GOD!!!!

--phone blips out in participatory overexcitement of all the fourth year feels; 
leaves me hanging, arms outstretched in absurdity and euphoria and bittersweetness of 
everything, everywhere, ever--

[end scene]
[begin: life]

1 comment: