Thursday, November 10, 2011

"i'm so sleepy" in the 411*

So she was sitting in front of her wheezing whirring laptop, which was working hard even though she was not, and she slow started to lean forward little by little, like so little-y that I didn't even notice until she was almost doubled over, forehead to the keyboard, almost almost. No one said anything but I was kind of worried because I wanted her to be comfortable and to not have an achy back and just sleep more in general because I am not sure if she ever sleeps, this grace. And her laptop, so oblivious to her apparent tiredness, still whirring and wheeeeeze-wheezing away, so inconsiderate, SHH please be quiet!! But you know how semi-old-ish (maybe?) laptops are. They'll be loud if they feel like being loud.

So she was sitting in front of her laptop and dozing a little and I think this is the first time that I've ever seen her so vulnerable. to sleep. and vulnerable just in general, maybe. That's strange and...also not strange at the same time. Gah sorry for saying nothing. But yeah so she is sleepy.

And I loooooooked over and leeeeeaned toward her cause I wasn't sure what I was to do. Shall I wake her from this tortuous state of half-sleep, half-waking? Shall I let her sleep even though it looks so uncomfortable and surely she will acquire a crick in her back (hah a crick in her back) if she stays in this position for a long time? Shall I close her laptop to shut it up from being so freaking loud so she will be that much more (just a leeeettle bit more) comfortable? Shall I call out her name or what? Shall I or shall I not?

I had no idea, so I just stayed leeeeeeeeeaned over and looked at her and kept wondering and then looked over at raney who is working in the room with us. We eye-connected and she smiled a wee smile that told me that this was a normal thing; that everything was and shall be okay. At least in this small moment. This is the life of this apartment here. People sit here and doze in front of their loud laptops and it's no big nothing whoop. And everything is going to be okay. And okay and okay and okay.

It was such a knowing and wee and somehow reassuring smile that it contented my heart and turn to sit to face to look to my own mediumly-loud computer and to open up this Ctrl T, mjl, New Post, and then Publish this fastest blogpost ever ever ever.

And to wonder if you are hating this stream of consciousness-esque-ness-itude-ity.

*quote attribution: some angel of the night

4 comments:

  1. Heehee! I am mentioned here!! I loved this post and I am giving you my wee smile right now.

    Sorry I was so down yesterday but let's play again soon :) Come over more often!

    PS. I MADE IT THROUGH TODAY!! AND 'twas not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PUHAHAHAHA, oh dear, my dozing has been immortalized. >.<

    I promise to be more awake next time I have you over! (for your sake and the sake of my reputation, lol) but definitely was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *nice citation. =) Remember, top secret! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehehe, very cuteeee!! YEAH~ I saw that happen a few times at 411 too... hehe. :P

    Man, I miss you and 411 dearly.

    ReplyDelete